Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dress 2 and some other things

So as I wrote in the last post, I have another dress to share with you guys (actually, I have many things to share...).

Without further adieu, here it is!

This is a dress I made about a month ago. I bought the bird fabric from a local quilting store, so it's made of quilting cotton. Though this may be a big faux pas to some sew-ers, I'm pretty okay with it. Actually, I don't see why not! They have some of the cutest prints in the market! The mustard part is linen-rayon mix. I used this yellow fabric for a paper bag skirt earlier this summer, and it was a left over fabric - though I had to buy some more. I used Butterick 5600 pattern. Mustard and birds are my two favorite things this year! Those, florals, and bows, of course. Whenever I see cute yellow things, I always pick it up and debate very hard whether to buy or not! My favorite yellow purchase of the season is a pair of yellow converse sneakers. But they're cuter than normal Converses! How can I explain.... It's more... flat? and round? maybe?
One thing about this dress is that since it's made of quilting cotton, it's pretty thick even without any lining. So it's a little too hot to wear in my city :( I wish it'd get cooler soon so I can show it off with a cardigan! I'd wear it around my campus all the time!

Also, I'm currently in the process of making me a detachable lace-crocheted collar. I LOVE collars! I really want to wear this with normal T-shirts, dresses, and blouses! I will be sure to upload a picture of it when it's done.

And I'm really thinking of starting up an Etsy shop. It probably won't have any clothes to sell, since I will be going away to school in a month, and I probably won't have much time to sew once I get there. In fact, I don't even know if I'm taking my sewing machine with me! So it'll probably have crochet goods and handmade jewelry. Maybe some Pyrex/Fire King or milk glass ware that I collect, too?
I love the idea of opening an Etsy shop, but I'm scared to use Paypal ever since my brother said it's a little sketchy... Especially the thought of giving them my bank account info makes me say "Eh...". Any suggestions/comments on this issue? Any comments would be appreciated!

I'm starting to get some blog views too! Most likely from my Burda Style page! I'm so thankful for everybody who visits my blog! I'm sorry it still doesn't have much, but I promise to bring a lot of things on the plate in the future :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment