Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First project for my blog!

Okay, I admit. I love my blog, even if it practically has NOTHING on it. The blog design I chose is lovely, and it's going to get even better with my projects added on!
I finally started adding things on Burda Style! It's so exciting and also a little embarrassing at the same time that now everybody can see my projects. Please go visit my Studio if you have time :)

So here's my first project. I added some "instructions" on Burda Style, so be sure to check it out here.



I made this after my very very short trip to Washington DC to visit my brother and to see him play with his orchestra. I bought the fabric at a fabric store at Georgetown, where, by the way, was one of the prettiest places! The outside of Anthropology there was so cute with a baby blue look. I found this cotton-silk blend fabric in the store's "outlet" section, where all the fabric there were 50% off of the sale price. I don't remember the price, but this fabric was end-of-the-bolt, so it was less than 2 yards of this large bolt - I think about 60". I also bought this green rayon fabric with some flowers on, which turned out to be Ralph Lauren's, and navy with white polka dots lining. But the last fabric is too cute to be used for lining, so I'm sure I'll end up making a dress or shorts with it.

I used McCall's pattern 5972 for the bodice, and the rest was just putting together rectangles!.

Next time, I'm planning to share another dress that I made this summer. Stay tuned! ... Or if you're so kind to be impatient, you can go check it out on my Burda Style page here! By the way, it's so exciting to see all the "favorites" and comments on my project pages! Thank you dear all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment